Posted by Pratik Pandey on 4:13 PM
Labels:

TV is one of the biggest time-consuming and sucking medium of entertainment. I can see around 80 channels on my TV that seems a lot to watch. But when I watch it, half of my time goes into changing the channels and trying to find something worth watching. There are around 20 channels in the languages I cannot understand. Though sometimes it’s fun to watch something in an alien language (strange, isn’t it?), but it happens once in a blue moon when I have absolutely nothing to do. And these channels prove to be a hindrance in my search to find something interesting on Television.

There are 5-6 sports channels and most of the time you can’t find anything new on them. You’ll find either some old match or something you can’t watch e.g. rock climbing, sky diving or pole vault. And there are 10-15 sucking news channels repeating old news and showing silly crime programs like Sansani or Vardat too. And some entertainment channels like Star Plus and Sony used to be good options, but now I can’t watch even these channels. Because whenever I come across these channels, I encounter some punk daily soap starting with “K”. I’m not that devotional, so channels like Astha and Sanskar are not meant for me. There are some music channels too, which pours Punjabi Pop in your ears most of the time. And being most unfortunate, I don’t like Punjabi Pop much. Therefore, there’s no channel I can watch other than Discovery or History Channel.

He/She was an extremely intelligent person who first called television an idiot box. So I’ve finally decided that it’s a total time waste to sit in front of this idiot box and I’m not going to do it anymore. And why I am writing all this here… because I don’t want to forget my findings :-)

0 comments: